Thursday 2 May 2013

3 - 2 weeks to go

FMP - 3 weeks to hand in

- 26/04/2013

My tutor wrote this on board and told us we had 3 weeks to we have to hand in our WHOLE FMP:

"From this point on wards start to think
- How much I have to do
- How much can I finish
- Is it better to complete/ finish some or half finish more

Most marks are for evidence of planning/ Research and managing (Blog/ logs) yourself/ time for the project

Research needs to compare your project to other analyse"



So basically my production and my chapters are worth less percentage than everything else? Yes. *brain-splosion* 

But anyway because the system was down at college I wrote these notes from the boar down and answered them:

"- How much I have to do?

3.5 chapters done so far, need to do 1.5 if I'm doing 5

- How much can I finish?

Finish 3 maybe? complete 4 and 5 but highly doubt it at the present moment. Or try to complete 3 and start 4 or complete 4 and start 5."

Above is just speculations and the way my thought process was going at the time.

"- Is it better to complete/ finish some or half finish more?

In this and my case it's better to half finish more and go for quantity but it might be rushed or on the other hand finishing some would be more quality but in less quantity."

 So overall thinking about all these things above and the fact that I have bits of my FMP that need touching up and completing properly, this is the result and what I have decided:

Deciding on doing on 3 chapters insead of doing the 5 I proposed in my last presentation
I know, I know, I've cut back on the quantity again but considering it the whole FMP due in, in about 3 weeks, I think it's better to go for quality, I can't be arsed going through all the stress and sleep loss trying to get 5 done in a few week. I think it's better to cut my losses and doing the best I can with the time I have. Bare in mind I have other college work on top of this FMP. 

- 02/05/2013

Dates my tutor put up on another board in the room we're usually in:

- FMP final hand in Friday 17th May 4pm 2013

- Final Presentation either Thursday/ Friday 23rd/ 24th May

- Final Evaluation report: Friday 7th June 4pm

To be honest I think it's just a scaremongering tactic and trying to light a fire under our arses to get us all into overdrive. I'll acknowledge its their but I have things to write for example this blog and general writing chapters.

Also I'll try and update this more often seems its coming to the end of the project, again try not will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment